Monday, October 11, 2010

By the time the pastry was finished, potatoes and meat were ready to be mixed together. I also added some of the onions and carrots that were almost done roasting. I seasoned the mixture with salt, and then, the most important ingrediant, alspice! This gives the pie it's unique flavor. I think I put in a little over a teaspoon, but I always keep tasting it until it's just right.


After that, I put the mixture in a pie pan and put on the pastry top, poked a hole in it and decorated it with a few leaves, made from the pastry that was cut of around the edges. Didn't spend much time on these because Ken was getting hungry, so they don't look real great.

You could make a bottom crust too, but with so much butter in it we prefer to have just a top.



I took out the roasted vegetables and put a lid on them to keep them warm, then put the pie in the 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

It came out great, and there's some left over for lunch tomorrow!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: