Friday, September 17, 2010
A simple cotton top
I can't believe this sewing spurt has lasted this long. Usually everything goes wrong and I get frustrated and put it all away in disgust. But wonder of wonders, I just finished another project and it all came together perfectly. This is a little cotton top I decided to attempt. The pattern is Simplicity number 2596. The blouse was shown in various versions. I intended to make it with an elastic waist and shoulder tabs holding up the sleeves, but it's so comfortable and airy just as it is, I didn't bother going any further with it. It was very easy to sew. I plan to make one or two more for next summer.
The fabric is some thin cotton I bought back in 1987. I made curtains and a tablecloth out of it for the apartment I'd just moved into. Still have them somewhere packed away, but this was the bit of fabric that was left over from those things.