Monday, August 23, 2010

Planting, sewing and laying rock

Sorry no pictures today. Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten the blog. It's been raining the last few days so not much has been accomplished.

Today was nice though. I built three new boxes for raised beds. They are going to contain Russian Comfrey plants that I bought from a lady on the homesteading forum. Apparently, these plants will grow to be 5 feet in diameter! Hope it does ok. I couldn't plant it right away due to the weather, so I left it in the packaged in the hope that it doesn't dry out too much. She also included some Elephant Garlic corms to be planted next month. I'm looking forward to harvesting Elephant garlic next year.

Haven't done any more sewing, but I plan to. I ordered a couple of patterns online. One, a blouse, should come in tomorrow. The other, is this really cute Stella Apron pattern. 

The rock work is coming along. I finished the part that goes ove the pipe where it goes under the road way. I made it into a little raised bed for flowers. Pictures tomorrow.

We're in for a nice dry, sunny week in the low 80s!!! Perfect for getting some of the outside chores finished. Maybe I'll even put the shingles on the roof of the dove cote. One side's done, so it won't take long. I have two pigeons in a cage waiting to move into it. Poor Ken, he wants to continue preparing the chimney for re-pointing but the weather is only nice when he's at work.

No comments: