Sunday, July 23, 2006

So much squash!

Posted by Picasa
For my mum who has no idea what I'm talking about when I mention squash. Well, this is it. We planted it around the dog pen to give her bit more shade.

It's prolific to say the least. You have to pick it everyday and it ends up piled up all over the kitchen. It's good fried up with onions but there's only so much you can eat before you get sick of it. My mother in law says it doesn't freeze well but I'm going to give it a try. You can buy it frozen at the supermarket so there must be a way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Squash: we love squash here at my house. We cook it most often by slicing it thin and dipping it in buttermilk then coat it in flour or in cornmeal, fry it in hot oil.
You said you cooked it with onions? Also very good in veggie soup and that DOES freeze well.