Sunday, March 13, 2005

Saturday went by so fast. Hubby had to go into work because a couple of his students failed an exam and had to re-test. I spent most of the morning watching the news about the arrest of the murderer down in Georgia.

This afternoon we went to Michael's Crafts. I bought a boxed set of Speedball inks and a brayer. Up until now I've always used those ink pads sold in the scrapbooking section at Walmart. They serve the purpose but since starting this blog and participating in the Illustration Friday themes I've been hankering to create "real" prints. Can't wait to try these out!

The instructions mention an "inking plate". The store didn't have any so I'm going to have to use whatever's handy. Not sure what will work best though. The ink seems rather thick. I hope I can get it to cover the stamp without it filling in the fine details.

Oh well, it's after midnight so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

fred said...

Good news per your comment (unposted) at Fragments. I couldn't get back to you via email address given. You can email me by way of the link in the blog sidebar at Fragments if you'd like and we can circumvent comments-as-email. :-}

Anonymous said...

I use thin plexi-glass sheets for rolling out my ink. you can find it at hardware stores, they will often sell scraps cheap.

have fun!