Friday, May 14, 2010

At Last, a Workshop


Ok, here's yet another attempt to revive the old blog.
I got a new lap top so I think it will be easier to keep up with things here. Our old desktop computer is getting so crotchety and temeremental that updating the blog was becoming a huge pain in the behind.

Well, anyway. I wanted to post some pictures of our new workshop. It was on sale at The Home Depot last September/October. Ken and I saw one of these two story buildings a few years ago when we lived in NC and really liked them. Never saw them again until last year. We've been intending to build a workshop since we moved here five years ago but we just don't have the time to devote to such a huge project. It's all we can do to keep up with fencing and animal housing.

Watching this building go up was amazing. The company: Classic Manor, had the materials delivered, then a crew of four guys came up from Georgia. They worked almost without stopping and the whole thing was up and completed in TWO days! It would have taken us two years to build something like this.

It's so nice to have a place to work out of the elements. And, what's even better, I get the upstairs loft portion for an art studio! I'm slowly but surely cleaning out the spare bedroom that used to be my art room but became the "junk" room instead.

We've made some huge changes to the farm this last year. I'll post more pictures later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: