Monday, October 02, 2006

Crystal Getting Her Hooves Trimmed



It's that time again. Horses need their hooves trimmed about every 6 to 8 weeks. I really like our farrier. We met by chance one Tuesday afternoon when I was buying alfalfa pellets down at the feed mill. She gave me her number and told me to call her when we got the pony up here. She's one of only two full time female farriers in Virginia and really knows her stuff! I always learn something whenever she comes.

Last time she was here she said she would look out for a companion horse for Crystal and two weeks later called to say that she knew of a very nice mare that may be in need of a new home. The mare's name is Shady. We went to see her a few weeks ago and then went back and I rode her a little. I love her!! She's also a grey like Crystal. Also part Arabian like Crystal. But she's also part Percheron and has more of the draft horse disposition. Very calm! She's been ridden by a little 10 year old girl. Anyway, the family came out here yesterday to look at our farm and see if it would be a good place for Shady. They really loved it here and hopefully we'll be getting Shady in a couple of weeks. I can't wait! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you will be getting Shady soon. Wish it could have been while we were there, would have like to try a little horse riding. Maybe next time.

Polly said...

Hi Susan, I was hoping we would have had her here while you were visiting too. Hopefully, she'll be here next time you come.She's a lovely horse.