Monday, February 07, 2011

Winter Knit-Along

I joined the girls on the fiber forum at Homesteading Today in a KAL. We're all knitting this pair of fingerless mittens.  The pattern is free but you may have to sign up for ravelry.

We've each been assigned a partner to swap with. My partner is Shazza and she's in Australia. She's probably sitting outside in her shorts, drinking tall cool drinks, while knitting my mittens, since it's summer and pretty hot down there. I, on the other hand, am stoking up the wood stove and gobbling down comfort foods, like these cheesy, drop biscuits!


Recipe from Joy The Baker  I just used regular cheddar for these.


Had to abandon the first mitten attempt when I saw a glaring error. I'd missed a whole row of the pattern! See all the tops are missing from the zig-zags at the bottom?

The yarn used is Blue Sky Alpaca sport, in streaky brown and light gray. It's extremely soft and will hopefully be keeping Shazza's hands all cozy and warm when I'm out in my shorts weeding the garden!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: